Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Visa application is starting to frustate..

this time, the post is not quite directly related to wed-prep..but, it is still one of our main concerns beside the reception and the holy matrimony themselves...it is about MY VISA *x_x*

what is it with my visa? okay..here is the thing...the plan for us is that we want to go back to belanda together..why? because we'd been married by then..and it's been too long for us to be apart..but..there is a big BUT here *it's quite funny to read this line..hihi..big BUTT*...

BUT, the process is not as simple as we thought it would be..though I've lived there for 4 years, they didn't make the process easier *huufffhh*..

the plan was...we apply the MVV (Machtiging Voorlopig Verblijf) for me as a partner (Holland recognizes the status of partner or as they call it 'Samen Wonen')..why? because we're not married *it's obvious, huh?*..then on, when we're married and back to there, we'd go to the immigration and city hall to change our status, from partner to spouse..*does it sound complicated? it is..*

a couple of months ago, I called the local Dutch embassy..asking them about this matter..they said, if we apply the visa from maleisiong, the process would be longer..as 4-6 MONTHS!! and if his co applies the visa from there, the process would be much shorter..as 4-6 WEEKS to get any answer...darn..the numbers are the same, but the buntut is different...so, we decided it's best for his co to apply my visa from there...

then, we got the news from his HRD..saying that he needs to make sure that the application is correct..whether we're doing the application in the right process..woowww..it took him sometimes *sampe ribut dooonk* to call the immigration..

then, yesterday, he made that frightening phone call to immigration..well well well..what did he got? same as mine before..make the MVV as partner, then when we're married, we need change the status..however, there is an additional conditions that we must fulfilled..what is it? it is: INBURGERINGEXAMEN...well, it's basically a test for anyone outside EU, US, Canada who wishes to apply for a resident permit in Holland..

my poor bey tried to convince them that I don't need to take the test because I studied there..but they said, because my study was in English, so I had to take the test..my dear God..

Aside from the INBURGERINGEXAMEN that I have to take, I still have to give these documents:

- copy of all pages of my pasport
- translated,legalized Birth Certificate
- translated,legalized Single Status (surat keterangan belum menikah)

luckily, I still have my legalized Birth Certificate..but the Single Status, I still need to ask from my KUA..and so he is..because, even though he has a KTP in belande, he still an Indonesian..thus,he needs to ask the Single Status from his KUA..what's worst is not those things..but the COST!!

i called a sworn translator the other day, referred by a friend of mine..they're in jekarda..that man said, for a translated and legalized document, it costs Rp 1.5jt!! it means, for us, it will cost around Rp 3jt excluding the postage by DHL..mamma miaaa!! and we're not even started..the MVV now costs about EUR 830..please do the math..

bey sounded quite upset..but i told boyfee that there is nothing that we can do..we just need to follow the rules...

2 comments:

  1. Sabar ya puuuut.. *hugs hugs*

    semoga dilancarkan segalanya.. amin. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. makasi ree.. *nangis minta peluk..*

    amiin..takut2 gini re..huhu..

    ReplyDelete